MISSISSAUGA, ONT. - Two long‑awaited Nissan models – the 2020 Nissan Sentra and 2020 Nissan TITAN - will be on display for the first time in Canada on press day at the 77th Montreal International Auto Show (MIAS). Noth models will go on sale at Nissan dealerships in February, 2020.
"We are thrilled to introduce Canadians to the all‑new Sentra in Quebec at the next Montreal Auto Show," said Steve Milette, president of Nissan Canada. "The 2020 Sentra represents an exhilarating breakthrough for Nissan's popular compact sedan, and I'm convinced it will meet Quebecers' needs, with its eye-catching new styling, a comprehensive suite of intelligent driving technologies including standard Nissan Safety Shield 360, advanced connectivity functions and confident performance provided by a new platform and a new engine."
Sentra is the best-selling Nissan model of all time in Canada, with more than 326,000 deliveries since 1990. Now in its eighth generation, the 2020 Sentra resembles its predecessors in name only. It has been completely transformed from a traditional compact sedan to a powerful presence that shares the muscular, sporty design elements of models like the Maxima and GT-R. It also features a new refined, more luxurious interior, setting new standards for quality and comfort.
Sentra's driving experience has also been completely revamped, thanks to a 2.0-litre, 4‑cylinder engine rated at 149 horsepower and 146 lb-ft of torque—increases of 20 per cent and 16 per cent respectively over the previous generation's 1.8-litre engine—and a new platform featuring an independent rear suspension and an upgraded, new, dual-pinion electric power steering design (DP-EPS).
"The compact segment is as popular as ever in Quebec, and we are confident that the all‑new Sentra will set itself apart from the competition with its head‑turning new look, revamped and reassuring driving experience thanks to the Nissan Safety Shield 360, and its comprehensive suite of intelligent driving technologies including standard Nissan Safety Shield 360 and advanced connectivity functions," Milette added. "We have created a bona fide innovation in the compact sedan category."
2020 Nissan Sentra – Fast facts
- Sportier, more dramatic exterior style aided by new lower, wider proportions
- New refined, luxurious interior styling with extra attention paid to quality
- Nissan Safety Shield 360 and driver assist technologies
- Comprehensive suite of intelligent connectivity technologies, including NissanConnect® featuring Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto
- New, more powerful 149-horsepower, 2-litre, 4-cylinder engine, improved driving dynamics and new independent rear suspension that improves ride, handling and fuel economy
The Nissan TITAN pickup has received an extensive redesign for the 2020 model year. The new model features substantial powertrain updates and unique styling for different trim levels. TITAN now also offers standard Nissan Safety Shield 360 across all grade levels.
Nissan continues to provide Canada's best truck warranty for the 2020 TITAN,1 with 5‑year/160,000‑kilometre bumper-to-bumper coverage. TITAN has also demonstrated exceptional quality as the top-ranked Large Light Duty Pickup in the J.D. Power 2019 Initial Quality Study (IQS).
Every 2020 TITAN is powered by a 5.6-litre Endurance® V8 gasoline engine rated at 400 horsepower and 413 lb-ft of torque. Both horsepower and torque ratings are the best in class. The engine utilizes Nissan's VVEL (Variable Valve Event and Lift) technology, which combines hydraulic-controlled variable valve timing and electronically controlled variable valve lift on the intake side to provide high performance and crisp response. The Endurance® V8 also features Direct Injection Gas (DIG™) technology, which provides better wide-open throttle performance and improved fuel economy and emissions performance (versus a non-direct-injection system) by reducing engine knock, improving combustion stability and offering precise injection control. The engine is mated with a new 9-speed automatic transmission with a larger final gear ratio of 3.692:1, providing more torque to the wheels in a given gear and smoother and faster acceleration.
The sense of commanding technology continues into the redesigned TITAN interior, which combines first-class accommodations with a sense of crafted detailing and premium finishes. A 7.0-inch programmable driver information display is nearly three inches larger than most competitors' displays and helps ensure that customers can access meaningful vehicle information easily and clearly.
2020 Nissan TITAN – Fast facts
- New "Powerful Warrior" exterior design
- Retuned 5.6-litre Endurance® V8 engine with 400 horsepower, matched with new 9‑speed automatic transmission
- Standard Nissan Safety Shield 360 technology across 2020 TITAN lineup
- Standard class-exclusive Rear Intelligent Emergency Braking on the TITAN 2020
- Refined interior design offering first-class accommodations, available Integrated Command Center with 9 high-resolution touchscreen display
1. Claim based on years/mileage (whichever occurs first) covered under the New Vehicle Limited Warranty basic coverage. Ward’s in-market Large Pickup Segmentation and Small Pickup Segmentation v. 2020 TITAN and TITAN XD. Nissan’s New Vehicle Limited Warranty basic coverage excludes tires, corrosion coverage and federal emission performance and defect coverage. Other terms and conditions also apply. See dealer for complete warranty details. Warranty claim is current at time of printing.
– 30 –